So a week and a half ago Ashlynn fell while in the shower with daddy and got a black eye, which would be her second one in less than a year! Then, before I had a chance to blog those pictures she had to go and break her leg jumping off of her dresser with her brother Ayden this last friday night! Austin feels bad because he almost caught her but she ended up landing flat on her knees! OUCH! She cried and cried for about a half hour and wouldn't walk on it so I decided I better take her to the E.R. They took some X-rays and of course I couldn't go in there with her because I was pregnant, which broke her heart. At first the Dr. didn't see it and she tried to send me home but I asked her to look at the x-rays again because Ash wouldn't crawl or walk or put any kind of pressure on that leg at all. The doctor wanted to try to get her to walk and she wouldn't and as soon as I put her down to crawl she collapsed and started screaming. The doctor looked at me and said "I think I'll go look at those x-rays again." She then saw it and had the radiologist look at it and he confirmed the break. Then they called in an orthopedic surgeon and he wants to see her early this week. They just put this hard splint on her leg for now, but I'm hoping the orthopedic surgeon will put a walking cast on there because she can't walk or put any pressure on it for 2 weeks minimum. I can't carry her around because I pulled the ligaments on the left side of my big ol' belly so my mom flew in for a week to help out. Ashlynn loves my mom and with my mom here she can cart Ash around. PHEW! We'll keep you up to date on how things go this week!
4 comments:
what a stressful day that must've been. I'm glad it's over. Good luck with her recovery.
I still am shocked that she broke her leg! What a nightmare considering you are getting ready to have a baby! At least she's okay though. :)
I'm sorry to hear that and I'm glad grandma came to help! I love the barettes or pig tails that are in her hair- that's a first for my eyes. I can't wait to see that little baby soon!
Oh Jenny!! When it rains it pours! You poor thing.... I'm glad your mom could come to help you! Now keep all your kids wrapped in bubblewrap until that baby comes!
Post a Comment